Friday, December 17, 2010
If you haven't heard about the latest lawsuit that has hit the California court system, have a seat. Because this one is going to astound, stupefy, enrage, and otherwise make you to want to drive to Cali and slap someone, namely Monet Parham-Lee.
So the gist of it is this: This woman is not a parent. She is a woman who has had babies. She has no backbone and refuses to exert her right, scratch that -- duty, as a mom to say "No." She wants to sue McDonald's to banish toys from Happy Meals because they make the "unhealthy food" too appealing to children. And then the children pout and beg and make her life miserable until she caves in and buys it for them.
Well, here's a thought: Man Up! Tell them no. Keep on driving. Don't give in. They will learn that pitching a fit won't get them what they want and eventually will stop asking for it. Or, how about you make them eat the apples instead of the fries and drink the milk or water instead of a soda? Then it wouldn't be unhealthy.
And the best part about it? This woman is a “regional program manager” on the state of California payroll for child nutrition matters!!! What a hypocrite! She gets paid to tell other parents how they should be feeding their children, but can't follow her own advice at home. Girl, please.
And don't even get me started on the judicial system in California...... How about I come over there and sue Hollywood for making movies too suspenseful, too seductive, too fantastical to resist? Or we sue the California citrus growers for daring to sell their fruit East of the Mississippi River where we all know that the Florida citrus is better anyway? They must let any fool sit on the bench out there. Because if they tried to bring that case to trial here, we would laugh them out of the courthouse after giving them the proper tongue-lashing they deserved.
Wednesday, December 8, 2010
Directions were to answer the question or put your first reaction to a word.....
- Available: not since 1992
- Age: 32
- Annoyance: people who smack their food/gum
- Animal: sometimes
- Beer: gross
- Birthday: May 16th
- Best Friend: my husband
- Body Part on opposite sex: arms
- Best feeling in the world: sleeping in
- Best weather: fall nights
- Been in Love: still am
- Been on stage?: unfortunately
- Believe in Santa: yes!
- Candy: m&ms
- Color: red
- Chocolate/Vanilla: chocolate
- Chinese/Mexican Food: Mexican
- Cake or pie: red velvet w/ cream cheese icing
- Continent to visit: Australia
- Cheese: Colby
- Day or Night: Day
- Dancing in the rain: why not?
- Eyes: blue
- Everyone has: a need for love
- Ever failed a class?: close, thanks Amy!
- First thoughts after waking up: just five more minutes!
- Food: if I don’t have to cook it
- Greatest Fear: ladders, heights are ok if I’m not on a ladder
- Goals: be the person God sees
- Gum: = toothbrush @ work
- Get along with your parents? yes
- Hair Color: red
- Height: five foot eight
- Holiday: Christmas
- How do you want to die: gracefully, not whimpering
- Ice Cream: mint chocolate chip
- Instrument: french horn, but only in middle school band
- Jewelry: overflowing, need another armoire
- Job: part-time office manager @ YMCA
- Kids: 2
- Kickboxing or karate: karate….. wax on, wax off
- Keep a journal?: no, but started several. Trying the blog thing.
- Love: yes
- Letter: email
- Laughed so hard you cried: too many times to count
- Milk flavor: natural
- Movies: sci-fi, action, adventure, chick flicks, kiddo cartoons…
- McD’s or BK: McD’s
- Number: random.
- One wish: new car
- Pepsi/Coke: coke
- Perfect Pizza: Papa John’s pepperoni & mushroom
- Piercings: pierced ears & have enough earrings to wear a different one every day of the year
- Quail: bird
- Reason to cry: sad movie
- Reality T.V.: only dance shows
- Radiostation: 104.7 the Fish
- Roll your tongue in a circle: why?
- Ring size: 7?
- Song: right now? Rock What You Got –Superchick
- Shoe size: 9
- salad dressing: Ranch
- Sushi: eww.
- Skinny dipped? no
- In the shower?: why yes
- Strawberries/Blueberries: strawberries
- Tattoos?: no
- Time for bed: 10ish
- Thunderstorms: good sleeping weather
- Unpredictable: never. Always.
- Vacation spot(s): mountains, beach. Wish: Ireland/England/Scotland
- Weakness: Dr. Mall
- Worst feeling: migraine
- Wanted to be a model: yes, until I tried it
- Worst Weather?: hot & humid
X- X-Rays: teeth, neck & back for chiropractor
-Year it is now: 2009
- Zoo animal: orangutans
Thursday, December 2, 2010
Wednesday, November 10, 2010
Monday, September 13, 2010
Saturday, September 11, 2010
Law. The killing of another human being under conditions specifically covered in law. In the U.S., special statutory definitions include murder committed with malice aforethought, characterized by deliberation or premeditation or occurring during the commission of another serious crime, as robbery or arson (first-degree murder), and murder by intent but without deliberation or premeditation (second-degree murder).
to kill or slaughter inhumanly or barbarously.
Kill –verb (dictionary.com)
to deprive of life in any manner; cause the death of; slay
a strong feeling of displeasure and belligerence aroused by a wrong; wrath; ire.
1. angry, violent, or stern indignation
2. divine vengeance or retribution
“Anger is the father of violence, as well I knew, but I had not allowed myself to consider that wrath, when it is the product of pure indignation and untainted by ideology, is the father of justice and a necessary answer to evil.” – Dean Koontz, Relentless pg 178
“The true commandment is ‘Thou shalt not murder.’ It doesn’t say ‘kill’ in the original language, because killing’s a whole different thing from murder. Furthermore, Moses didn’t provide categories of murder, some worse than others.” – Dean Koontz, Relentless pg 341
“Evil itself may be relentless, I will grant you that, but love is relentless, too. Friendship is a relentless force. Family is a relentless force. Faith is a relentless force. The human spirit is relentless, and the human heart outlasts – and can defeat – even the most relentless force of all, which is time.” – Dean Koontz, Relentless pg 428
Exodus 20:13 “You shall not murder.” (NIV translation) Commandment #6
Tuesday, June 22, 2010
- ▼ 2010 (7)