Thursday, April 14, 2011

Steep hills

Last week we had a day when we couldn't make it to the Y to run, so we took a run as a family around the camp. Reminder: the camp is one big hill and some of them are pretty steep. And even though there are 500 acres of land, the roads are condensed into one area so you have to make several loops to actually get any distance. Unless, of course, you brave the road. (might as well run on the highway.) We got in 2 miles that night in about 30 minutes. I had to do the "grandma run" up some of the hills (ie: little steps), but I got in a really good sprint at the end.

Today I ran on the treadmill at the Y, but I didn't have time to do a full 5K. So I ran for 2 miles straight at 6.0 (10:00/mile). Then I did another 0.5 mile with the incline set at 2.0 and the speed set at 5.4 (11:00/mile). Feel the burn baby!

Total distance and time: 2.5 miles in 25:43

No comments:

Post a Comment